“They are the books, the arts, the academics, that show, contain and nourish the entire world.”
Library is a place where an individual creates his own world without interference. It facilitates him to the limit of his capabilities to strengthen the borders of his knowledge. JCD Memorial college library is a big repository of knowledge in terms of not only books but also the latest facilities including journals, audio- visual materials, CDs, Projects, Case Studies, Assignments etc., with an ambience ideal for learning. It is a well Ventilated, spacious, library with partitioned space to provide seating for comfortable study to more than 60 students at a time.
Our library offers:
- A collection of more than 2000 volumes of assorted and exhaustive text/ reference books on different areas.
- Library subscribes 02 Journals, 5 magazines & 09 Newspapers.
- Resourses including Syllabus, Question Bank, Reference sources etc of all courses.
- Book Bank facility for students.
- Circulation of books, Journals and other reference material.
- Complete and full time availability for students as timing of the library is from 9.00am to 5.00 pm
Department of Computers is one of the wealthiest departments of the college and career in Computer Science is one of the highest paying jobs and is full of opportunities. A candidate with high percentage of marks, good communication skills and sound knowledge of computers do not get problem in finding jobs in respective fields. For this purpose and to help students to enter in the vast pool of knowledge, Computer Lab has been established in the college in which pool of talented teachers motivate students to excel in the fields of computer science and applications. Our Computer Lab is well furnished with Wi-Fi features that are helpful to a number of students simultaneously.
There are various labs in our computer center.
Following practicals are being carried out there.
- Write a program to find the largest of three numbers. (if-then-else)
- Write a program to find the largest number out of ten numbers (for-statement)
- Write a program to find the average mail height & average female heights in the class (input is in form of sex code, height).
- Write a program to find roots of quadratic equation using functions and switch statements.
- Write a program using arrays to find the largest and second largest no. out of given 50 nos.
- Write a program to multiply two matrices.
- Write a program to read a string and write it in reverse order .
- Write a program to concatenate two strings
- Write a program to sort numbers using the Quick sort Algorithm.
- Represent a deck of playing cards using arrays.
- Write a program to check that the input string is a palindrome or not.
PC Software:- Application of basics of MS Word 2000, MS Excel 2000, MS Power Point 2000, MS Access 2000.
- To prepare the Your Bio Data using MS Word .
- To prepare the list of marks obtained by students in different subjects and show with the help of chart/graph the average, min and max marks in each subject.
- Prepare a presentation explaining the facilities/infrastructure available in your college/institute.
- Create a database of books in the library on a mini scale w.r.t. Computers and manipulate the database using different forms and reports.
- To check and measure various supply voltages of PC.
- To make comparative study of motherboards.
- To observe and study various cables, connections and parts used in computer communication.
- To study various cards used in a system viz. display card, LAN card etc.
- To remove, study and replace floppy disk drive.
- To remove, study and replace hard disk.
- To remove, study and replace CD ROM drive.
- To study monitor, its circuitry and various presents and some elementary fault detection.
- To study printer assembly and elementary fault detection of DMP and laser printers.
- To observe various cables and connectors used in networking.
- To study parts of keyboard and mouse.
- To assemble a PC.
- Troubleshooting exercises related to various components of computer like monitor, drives, memory and printers etc.
Data Structures & Algorithms Lab:-
- Write a program to search an element in a two-dimensional array using linear search.
- Using iteration & recursion concepts write programs for finding the element in the array using Binary Search Method
- Write a program to perform following operations on tables using functions only a) Addition b) Subtraction c) Multiplication d) Transpose
- Using iteration & recursion concepts write the programs for Quick Sort Technique
- Write a program to implement the various operations on string such as length of string concatenation, reverse of a string & copy of a string to another.
- Write a program for swapping of two numbers using ‘call by value’ and ‘call by reference strategies.
- Write a program to implement binary search tree. (Insertion and Deletion in Binary search Tree)
- Write a program to create a linked list & perform operations such as insert, delete, update, reverse in the link list
- Write the program for implementation of a file and performing operations such as insert, delete, update a record in the file.
- Create a linked list and perform the following operations on it a) add a node b) Delete a node
- Write a program to simulate the various searching & sorting algorithms and compare their timings for a list of 1000 elements.
- Write a program to simulate the various graph traversing algorithms.
- Write a program which simulates the various tree traversal algorithms.
In physics class, lab is central, integral and sacred. More than a mere place in the back of the classroom, the laboratory is the place where physics students do physics. It is in the laboratory that they learn to practice the activities of scientists – asking questions, performing procedures, collecting data, analyzing data, answering questions, and thinking of new questions to explore. There are over 150 lab ideas presented – but their presentation is much different than the traditional presentation of a lab. The traditional lab comes with a lengthy procedure which dominates the landscape – both the landscape of the distributed paper as well as the landscape of the student mind. The Laboratory attempts to change all this by presenting students with a purpose, and primarily a purpose.
List of Items:-
|4||Complete set of Forward & Reverse bias characteristics||2|
|5||Complete set of Zener Diode Voltage Regulation characteristics||2|
|6||Complete set of Impendance of an AC circuit||2|
|7||Elastic constant by searle’s method with stand||1|
|9||Greinger’s electroads||1 Pair|
|10||Step down transformer(DC Supply)||4|
|11||Young’s modulus by bending of beam. Experimental Beam of rectangular cross section two knife edges fixed parallel to each other at a suitable distance on a rigid support hanger||2|
|12||Slotted weights ( used in flywheel)||2|
|18.||Four probe method (complete set)||2|
|20.||Common Emitter Amplifier||3|
|21.||Common base Amplifier||3|
|22.||Cathode ray Ocillator(CRO) (20 MHZ, 30 MHZ)||2|
|23.||Thomson method (complete set)||2|
|29.||Double and triplet||3|
|31.||He- Ne laser||2|
|32.||Newton ring pair||3|
|33.||Parallel and series resonance ckt||3|
|41.||Mercury vapour lamp||2|
|42.||Nodal slide assembly||2|
|44.||Sextant apparture with stand||2|
Chemistry is a discipline based on observation. It is a place where experiments with research purposes are carried out and students learn how to make up chemical solutions, perform lab techniques, play it safe in the lab & perform Chemistry lab experiments. Chemistry lab ensures technical & scientific support to the students for the preparation required in the experiments & furthermore to provide the infrastructure needed for in-house research projects in the field of Chemistry & material science.
List of Items:-
|5.||Copper water bath|
|8.||Four fisher clamp with boss head|
|9.||Heating Mantles(250 ml)|
|10.||Heating Mantles(500 ml)|
|11.||Heating Mantles(1000 ml)|
|12.||Hot Air Oven|
|16.||Melting Point Apparatus|
|17.||Periodic Tables chart|
|20.||Pipette stand horizontal|
|27.||Suction Pump Electrical|
|28.||Test tube holder|
|29.||Test tube stand|
|32.||Water Bath Electrical|
Botany is the study of plants, and we need plants to survive. Plants provide an essential foundation for life on earth, the food we eat and the beauty of the natural environment and as a result botany is considered to be an extremely important science! Botany is no longer confined to the study of how and why plants survive in the way they do. With the advancement of technology the study of botany means the study of how plants are used in biotechnology, the significant part that they play in ecosystems and of course how they can continue to provide food, medicines and even fuel to an ever-expanding global population.
Botany courses often come under the heading of plant science but they are both the study of plants and cover similar areas. These courses are now quite widely available across the country.The list of modules below will give you an idea of the kind of subjects that you may study:
- Life science
- Crop protection
- Plant biotic interactions
- Plant protection technology
- Ethno botany
- Environmental plant physiology
- Biodiversity and evolution
- Evolutionary biology
- Plant-soil relationships
- Licheus and Bryophytes
- Seeds and germination
- Weed biology and control
- Flowering plants of the world
- Plant breeding
- Micro propagation
- Genetic manipulation
- Plant survival
- Photo biochemistry
- Habitats and ecosystems
- Vegetative and floral development
- Landscape studies and conservation
LIST OF SPECIMENS / PERMANENT SLIDES/ MATERIAL IN BOTANY LAB:-
|27.||Cycas (T.S. of young stem)||01|
|28.||Cycas (T.S. of young root)||01|
|29.||Cycas (T.S. of coralloid root)||01|
|30.||Cycas (T.S. of leaflet)||01|
|31.||Cycas (T.S. of microsporophyll)||01|
|32.||Cycas (T.S. of mature ovule)||01|
|33.||Pinus (T.S. of young stem)||01|
|34.||Pinus (T.S. of needle)||01|
|35.||Ephedra (V.S. of male cone)||01|
|36.||Ephedra (V.S. of female cone)||01|
|37.||Cycas (male cone)||01|
|38.||Cycas (female cone)||01|
|39.||Pinus (male cone)||01|
|40.||Pinus (female cone)||01|
|41.||Slide box (25 slides)||02|
As an integral part of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Medical stream curriculum, Zoology Lab plays a significant role in it. This Lab quenches the curiosities of science students by providing them the firsthand knowledge about animals. The lab consists of a large number of specimens belonging to various phyla of Kingdom Animalia along with physiology, ecology genetics and cell biology experiments. The lab is well equipped and enriched with various posters and charts on different biological topics which are a good source of passive learning. Students use this lab for performing practical work mentioned in their syllabi. This lab not only provides syllabus related practical, but also nurtures research attitude among the students. Students also learn to handle various scientific instruments placed in the lab. The lab is also equipped with latest multimedia equipments to make teaching more effective through showing PPT’s, animations, real videos, etc
LIST OF SPECIMENS / SLIDES/ EQUIPMENTS PRESENT IN ZOOLOGY LAB:-
|1.||Specimens of Phylum Porifera||05|
|2.||Specimens of Phylum Coelenterata||14|
|3.||Specimens of Phylum Platyhelminthes||05|
|4.||Specimens of Phylum Aschelminthes||05|
|5.||Specimens of Phylum Annelida||08|
|6.||Specimens of Phylum Arthoropoda||29|
|7.||Specimens of Phylum Mollusca||17|
|8.||Specimens of Phylum Echinodermata||06|
|9.||Specimens of Phylum Hemichordata||01|
|10.||Specimens of Protochordates||04|
|11.||Specimens of Cyclostomes||03|
|12.||Specimens of Superclass Pisces(including culture fishes)||26|
|13.||Specimens of Class Amphibia||03|
|14.||Specimens of Reptilia||01|
|15.||Models Of Vertebrates||20|
|16.||Permanent Slides(including W.M., T.S., L.S., etc)|
|20.||Insect Box Showcase||02|
|24.||Skeletons of Various Animals(in showcase)||05|
Biotechnology is the application of scientific and engineering principles to the processing of materials by biological agents to provide goods and services. From its inception, biotechnology has maintained a close relationship with society. Main research objective is to provide leadership in basic and applied research in order to generate science evidence knowledge and innovations that respond to contemporary and emerging needs. Thus, emphasizing that research becomes linked to development and societal issues. The curriculum provides both in-depth study of scientific concepts and procedures and management skills related to inventory, budget and personnel. It is designed to prepare students to meet the future needs of the scientific community.
The laboratory is very well equipped by the instruments used in the biotechnology research programme. JCDM biotechnology course includes facilities like e-teaching, research laboratories for research and training. Besides this the e-teaching learning programme provides a state-of-the-art networking environment to support teaching, learning, research and administration.
Programme learning outcome & future perspective:
Graduates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of
- New concepts in molecular biology and biotechnology;
- Research methods in molecular biology and biotechnology;
- To develop the technical and scientific knowledge gained through the class learning programme and direct experiences in the field.
In future we will try to bring extensive academic exchanges with other universities and enterprises and will also try to offer joint postgraduate programs and conducting research cooperation.
List of items:-
|2||Insect Show Case|
|4||Hot water Bath|
|6||Hot Air Oven|
The list of modules below will give you an idea of the kind of subjects that you may study:-
|2.||Animal Tissue Culture|
|3.||Plant tissue culture|
|4.||Biochemistry I and II|
|6.||Molecular biology and recombinant DNA technology|
|10.||Basic of Biotechnology|