Department of Arts
Department of Arts is running one course i.e. B.A. Upcoming course is M.A. (English)
B.A (Bachelor of Arts)
About the Course:
- A (Bachelor of Arts)
- Duration of Course: B.A is a three-year full-time course
(* As per the instructions/guidelines for admission to various courses in University teaching Departments and affiliated colleges for the session 2017-18 of Ch. Devi Lal Univ. Sirsa.)
- Eligibility of students who have passed their qualifying examination from Board of School Education, Haryana/other Boards/Universities including Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa. It should be checked properly and admissions are allowed in accordance with the provision of rules of the Ordinance concerned.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination with English as one of the compulsory subjects.
- Candidate(s) placed under compartment in one subject only can be admitted provisionally to Part-I of B. A./ B. Sc./B. Com./BCA/BTM etc. subject to passing their compartmental subject in two consecutive chances i.e. April/May examination of the year as per provisions of rules, contained in the respective Ordinance. Admissions of all such cases will be subject to their fulfillment of the minimum eligibility conditions. Such candidate must inform the college office within three days of their latest result along with a photocopy of DMC otherwise, their admission shall be considered as canceled.
- Candidate belonging to SC/ST/BC/Other reserved categories shall be considered for admission as per rules of Ch. Devi Lai University and Govt. of Haryana.
- Compulsory Subjects: English & Hindi
- Electives Subjects: Economics, Psychology, Geography, Music, History, Pol.Sci., Public Admn., Punjabi, Sociology, Physical Education.
Annual Plan (2017-18) Department Of Arts
- Academic Activities:
Regular classes will be commenced as per the Academic Calendar of CDLU.
- Extension Lectures:
Total 8-10 extension lectures will be arranged in Session 22017-18.The resource persons will be invited from reputed institutes of the region and from CDLU Sirsa.
- Academic & Recreational Tour/Visit:
The Department will try to plan on the visit to Parliament and one academic cum recreational tour for the students to enhance practical knowledge of Students and for the overall development of the students.
- Cultural Activities :
Talent Hunt and Fresher’s Party in the beginning of Session and Farewell party at the end of the session other than these some more events will be organized time to time to boost up their morale and confidence. Students will also be prepared for Annual Youth Festival Conducted by University.
- Arts Association & Language Society:
Various events are planned to be organized by ARTS Association & Language includes Quiz Competitions, Essay Writing, Declamation, Story Writing, Youth Parliament, Fine ARTS activities etc. The students will also be promoted to participate in Intra and inter college competitions, Donation Cum charitable Drives and Awareness camps.
- Sessional cum House Exams:
Sessional cum House Exams for odd Semester will be conducted in Month of October and for Even Semester in the Month of March.
- Sports Activities:
Students will be motivated to participate in various sports events organized by JCD Vidyapeeth as well as CDLU, Sirsa.